Wednesday, August 19, 2009
Last week The Thrifty Stylist blogged about this Heirloom necklace and I LOVE IT! It's such a unique way of capturing a"family" in jewelry. There are five different charms of varying shapes and metals to represent you and your family.
1) itty bitty copper disc (3/8") - design stamp or letter
2) sterling silver raised edge disc (17mm) - 1/4" letter of last name or monogram of your initials
3) heavy gauge sterling silver bar (1") - 4 sided with 1/16" letters. I did my children on two sides and two other words (FAMILY and LOVE) on the other two
4) brass rectangle (16x12mm) - Wedding year, when you were "established"
5) sterling silver heart - with husband's name
I want one and I'm adding it to my Christmas list. The necklace is by Amy Cornwell Designs and she has some really amazing pieces. Definitely check her stuff out.