Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Restaurant Review - Grapeseed Bistro


This weekend my friend Lisa and I decided to take advantage of Bethesda Restaurant Week. We ate at Grapeseed Bistro and it was sooo delicious. Seriously, everything we ate was fantastic. To start, I had the field green salad with their homemade sherry vinaigrette (yummy) and Lisa had the organic tomato salad with basil and corn (AMAZING - and I don't even like tomatoes). For our main course we each got a fish dish - scallops (perfect seared crust) and rockfish (so flaky and delicious). And then for dessert I got the trio of sorbets (so refreshing) and Lisa got the blueberry crisp (amazingly good - and again I don't even like blueberries). To wash everything down we had a bottle of Sokol Blosser Evolution 12th Edition -- Oregon (Riesling-Pinot Gris..). Great bottle of wine - very refreshing, not to sweet. Service was also very good. Very attentive but not over bearing. The clientele was much older than I expected. We had an 8;15 reservation and I was surprised at how many people over 65 were there. It wasn't a bad thing, I was just surprised there weren't more people my age.

1 comment:

Dollface said...

Thanks for the review! Have only been to Bethesda once, but it was beautiful and serene.. xxoxoo

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...