Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Great New Recipe - Grape Tomato Risotto


On Friday Hubby and I wanted to stay in and make a nice dinner. We decided to try scallops since we got a great lesson from my cousin-in-law. With the scallops we made a risotto. I got the recipe from the Planet Green website. It's by Emeril and it's from his show Emeril Green. It was sooo yummy and pretty healthy (I think). The actual recipe is for an Orzo risotto but I used arborio rice since that's what we had in our pantry. If you use traditional risotto rice then you just need add another half cup of chicken stock to cook the rice through. We also decided that next time we make it we would cut the "greens" part in half because we didn't need or want to extra. Click here for the recipe. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Shaina said...

Wow ... this looks absolutely amazing. I LOVE risotto - in a major way. And I love grape tomatoes! This is obvs a match made in heaven!!!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

When I was in NYC we passed a restaurant that specialized in lots of different types of risotto. I SO wanted to go in but we didn't have time. Yours looks soooooooo yummy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...