Monday, June 21, 2010

Weekend Recap - My Birthday!!!!

This weekend Hubby and I celebrated my 28th birthday. My birthday was on Sunday...Father's Day...28 years ago I was born on Father's Day and I wish I could have been with my dad to celebrate both my birthday and Father's Day but it was too hard for us to make it home. We celebrated with friends on Saturday night. First we had dinner at Cork Wine Bar. It's a shared plates style restaurant and it was sooo good. Some of my favorites included - grilled asparagus, braised pork cheeks, grilled flank steak and french fries. The wines were also very good. I did a flight tasting of whites...so refreshing. After dinner we met a bunch of friends for drinks followed by late night Ben's Chili Bowl. Perfect night!!

On Sunday, Hubby and I decided to do a "birthday run" to one of our favorite breakfast places - First Watch. We relaxed around the house and then we ventured out to run some fun errands. First stop was Tiffany's to get a bunch of my jewelry cleaned. I've never had them clean it in the 8 plus years I've owned Tiffany jewelry. They cleaned a few pieces there and then sent the others away. I can't wait to see how sparkly and new they are going to look. We then headed to Louis Vuitton because I'm in the market for a new bag. I'm pretty sure I'm set on the Neverfull MM but I'm not 100% sure yet. After lusting at all the fabulous LV bags we headed to Bethesda for dinner. We ate at Redwood in Bethesda Row. Sooo yummy!!! The macaroni and cheese was amazing. Definitely recommend this restaurant. After dinner we headed home with some Georgetown Cupcakes...my favorite. It was a great birthday. I will share all the great birthday gifts I got throughout the week.

2 comments:

Mikey said...

If they only made mac and cheese flavored cupcakes.......mmmmmmmmm.........

DSS said...

Happy Belated Birthday!! Sounds like you had a lovely time :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...