Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Wine Tasting Weekend

This past weekend Hubby and I ventured to a couple wineries with our dear friends. First up was Breaux Vineyards. It's a beautiful vineyard with acres and acres of grape plants. There were soo many people there that I didn't think we were really going to enjoy the tasting. We actually lucked out because we ended up getting pulled into a semi private tasting in the back room. Here's a picture of us in the back room after the tasting.

There were a lot of wines that I liked. I ended up buying a bottle of the 2007 Jolie Blonde (similar to a Sauvignon Blanc) and 2008 Viognier. I'm going to save the Viognier for Thanksgiving dinner but the Jolie Blonde will be perfect for a night on the deck this summer. They had a great selection of reds I also really enjoyed. My favorites were 2002 Merlot Reserve (a little pricey for me at $44) and the 2005 Lafayette (100% cabernet franc). I would definitely go back there. The scenery is so pretty and the wine is great. I wish we would have known ahead of time that we could bring a picnic lunch and eat outside on the tables provided. How gorgeous is this place. This picture is definitely in the running for our Christmas card.

After picking up take out from Grandale Farm Restaurant (very yummy food). We headed to the second vineyard - Hillsborough Vineyard. This one is also located in Purcellville. Its so picturesque on the top of this hill with this adorable long patio that over looks the vineyard. This was another really nice tasting experience. The tasting rooms is set up like a restaurant. We sat at our own table and the wine was poured in four different flights. The atmosphere was nice but none of the wines really stood out.


After we finished tasting, we at our lunch just before the storm rolled in. Here's a picture of us girls right before the rain came crashing down. It was super windy...and it shows in my hair.

3 comments:

Jenn said...

Cute! Looks like fun!

Jenny said...

I finally went to ym first wine tasting a few months back and had a good time :-) Although I'm sure there are better wineries elsewhere, other than in little ole Alabama. Blahh...

I bought a bottle of some muscadine wine, and I don't like sweet usually, but this stuff was awesome!

Newlywed Next Door said...

I love wine tasting!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...