Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Movie Review: Something Borrowed


I have been soooo excited for this movie to come out. As many of you know, Emily Giffin is one of my favorite authors and Something Borrowed is definitely my favorite of her books! I was so happy that one of my best girlfriends, Shannon, was in town and we could go see the movie together. I really really enjoyed the movie. It had everything I love in a romantic comedy - tear at your heart string love story, laugh out loud moments and stories of great friendships. I'm sure I'm biased because I love the book so much but this really was a great movie. It's not going to win an Academy Award but it's the perfect movie to watch with girlfriends. I will definitely buy it when it comes out on DVD.

They did an amazing job casting the movie. Ginnifer Goodwin was super cute and very relatable. Kate Hudson was the perfect choice to play Darcy, so over the top and self-absorbed but yet you still love her! Dex was played by Colin Egglesfield...there wasn't much to his character but he was very nice to look at. And finally the character that stole the show (and I think will convince my husband to watch it with me), John Krasinski! He was hysterical, witty and had me laughing out loud!

The movie was pretty close to the book but as with any book that's been adapted to the big screen there were changes. I think the changes worked to help move the story along...its been so long since I read the book I want to read it again so I can pick out all the changes.

I definitely recommend seeing this in the theater and if you do, make sure you stay till the very end for a clip from Something Blue. Can't wait for that one to come out!

3 comments:

Mrs EyeCanSee said...

I want to see this movie! I love her books! And I was wondering if they had plans for Something Blue, looks like I got my answer. YAY!

Anonymous said...

Wait, there's a scene at the end? Darn! I saw it last weekend and didn't know to stay! That's irritating. I loved it though and I agree Kate Hudson was perfectly cast for that role.

Darci White said...

yayy! so glad to hear you liked it.... it's on my to-do list before the baby gets here and i was really hoping it was GOOD and not just mediocre. love a good movie!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...