Tuesday, May 1, 2012

My Hair My Faves

Anyone that knows me, knows I'm very particular about my hair.  I have naturally wavy/curly hair but flat iron it almost everyday.  I have a very specific hair routine.  Most of the hair products in my routine have been used for the past 10 years.  I thought I would share my old and new favorites.




SHAMPOO/CONDITIONER
I rotate between two different shampoos/conditioners.  An old favorite is Bumble and Bumble's Gentle Shampoo and Super Rich Conditioner.  Sephora carries this in jumbo sizes so I usually stock up on one of each for the year and I'm set.  The newer fav is Frederic Fekkai's volume shampoo/conditioner.  Beauty.com carries this as well in jumbo sizes so I stock up on one of each and I'm set.  Once a week I do a deep conditioning treatment via Frederic Fekkai Protein Rx.  Of course I do all the ordering via Ebates for my cash back!   




STYLING
I've been using Bumble and Bumble's Prep for over 10 years and I love it.  My hair gets so much abuse from the blow dryer and flat iron and this product definitely helps protect and keep my hair shiny.  A new favorite is Frederic Fekkai's brilliant glossing cream.  I got a sample of this after a Beauty.com purchase and I've used it everyday since.  A little goes a long way and a small tube of this stuff lasts me all year long.  After putting the products in the hard work begins.  My blow dryer is a new fav (thanks Shannon).  The Remington Tourmaline and Ceramic Hair Dryer is amazing...so powerful that it dries my thick hair in half the time it used too.  After I cool down from the blow dry, its on to the flat iron.  I've gotta have my CHI.  It's best and does such a great job of straightening and smoothing. 

There are so many products on the market today...what are some of your favorites?

When we get closer to summer I will share my must haves for wavy, curly hair.  I have a feeling with a new baby, my hair is going to be that way much more.  :)

2 comments:

Meg Bice said...

I am also a huge fan of the CHI - don't know how anyone could have lived before it was a "bathroom staple"

Have you tried Bummble and Bummble "Stying Lotion"??? It is one of my favorite products. I use it just about every day before blow drying, and it gives you a great soft finish. The small 2oz bottle for $8 goes a long way - I use two sprays a day, so it lasts about 6 months. For those with longer hair you might need 3 or 4 sprays, but that little bottle will still go farther than you woudl think. It's also perfect for traveling. I get mine refilled at my salon and it's only $6 for a refill! Enjoy!!

[darci @ the good life] said...

Not at all related to this post.... because sorry, but all I can think about is HOW ARE YOU DOING?! Your sweet little one will be here so soon!!! I'm excited for you!!! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...