Saturday, January 19, 2019

Saturday Sorting - Kids Art and Activity Closet

As I mentioned in a post earlier this week, I'm in an in-between phase of my career so I'm home for a while.  Part of this "at home" life is purging and reorganizing my entire house.  I've already taken three trips with full car loads for donations and it feels SOOO good.  I'm going to be sharing all the organizing on my weekly Saturday Sorting posts.  First up in my kids "art" closet.  In order to contain all the kids arts and activity sets we decided to convert our hall closet which wasn't getting much use into their closet.  I didn't do any construction because I wanted to be able to convert it back at some point.  I got a bunch of stuff at Target and went to town.  Here was the final result -


We tried our best to separate it into categories to make it easier for the kids to put things back.  On the top are all the art activities that the kids need us to play (they can't reach)...the stuff that gets really messy and must have our supervision.  The hanging shelves are the things they play with most workbooks, kit for doing homework (pencils, erasers, sharpeners) and Osmo (we tried to eliminate as many boxes as we could so we have organizers and then Monster is out of its box with drawing pad and markers and Pizza and Detective are still in boxes.

To the left the white plastic containers are a mix of things.  The top three pull out drawers contain stickers and other art stuff and the bigger bottom three drawers are all the Lego sets in plastic bags separated by project. 

Then we have two rolling carts with ALL things art!  Crayons, colored pencils, markers, coloring books, plain notebooks, scratch art, painting supplies, etc.

Here's an up close shot of one of them so you can see how I separated everything.  On the top are two bins separating the crayons and colored pencils.





 photo signature_zpsa7637e94.png

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...