- 4 baking potatoes (about 2 1/2 pounds)
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 cups 2% reduced-fat milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) reduced-fat shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 3/4 cup chopped green onions, divided
- 6 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
Preheat oven to 400°.
Pierce potatoes with a fork; bake at 400° for 1 hour or until tender. Cool. Peel potatoes; coarsely mash. Discard skins.
Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Place flour in a large Dutch oven; gradually add milk, stirring with a whisk until blended. Cook over medium heat until thick and bubbly (about 8 minutes). Add mashed potatoes, 3/4 cup cheese, salt, and pepper, stirring until cheese melts. Remove from heat.
Stir in sour cream and 1/2 cup onions. Cook over low heat 10 minutes or until thoroughly heated (do not boil). Sprinkle each serving with cheese, onions, and bacon.
- Calories: 329 (30% from fat)
- Fat: 10.8g (sat 5.9g,mono 3.5g,poly 0.7g)
- Protein: 13.6g
- Carbohydrate: 44.5g
- Fiber: 2.8g
- Cholesterol: 38mg
- Iron: 1.1mg
- Sodium: 587mg
- Calcium: 407mg