Thursday, January 19, 2012

Decorating Dilemma


We've started getting the nursery together for the little one and I need help deciding on a mobile for the nursery. Above is what the bedding looks like and we are painting the walls yellow. The furniture is an espresso color. For those of you following me on Pinterest I've started a board that has all the nursery stuff.

One of the decisions I'm having a hard time making is the mobile. I have narrowed it down to two. First up is this adorable one from Pottery Barn Kids.




I absolutely love this one. I think it will go great with the bedding and look super cute in her room but I've heard that the cutesy mobiles are just only for looks and don't help soothe or entertain.

The other one is a more "practical" one I guess. It's from Tiny Love. It's gotten great reviews on Amazon and my SIL has it up in my niece's nursery. It's cute but definitely doesn't go as well with the bedding.

Tiny Love at ShopStyle

I need your advice. Which one should I go with?

9 comments:

Kayla Rochelle said...

First of all congratulations on your little one! As for the mobile, I guess it depends on if you'll have other things in the crib that would soothe her as well. If you would have let's say a soothing sounds stuffed animal, then the more 'cutsey' mobile would work just fine!

Theresa said...

I say go with the first one. Every baby is different, but when my daughter was a baby, she had a "functional mobile" and she just wasn't that interested in it to be honest. She also had a Fisher Price Ocean Wonders aquarium attached to her crib that she cared about way more. I think the first one is way cuter too and goes better with the bedding you've picked out! :)

Victoria said...

If you're planning on having something else in the crib for entertainment, then I would say go with the first one. But, otherwise I would go with the second. With my DD as an infant, I could turn on her mobile (that played music) and take a super quick shower or dry my hair or something like that. She wasn't old enough to go on her tummy to play or look at something hanging on the side of the crib for the first few months. So, for us it wasn't a soothing thing, but a keep her entertained for that short bit.

Nancy said...

Definitely the Tiny Love! As a mom, I think they are the BEST mobiles. I had a "pretty" one for a week, and I realized all my daughter was able to see was the seam of the ladybugs. If you look straight up @ the PBK mobile, you can't see much. You only use the mobile for a few months, so use the one that will soothe her the best, Tiny Love.

Mrs EyeCanSee said...

We had a more boyish version of that tiny loves mobile and it was a life saver for months!!

From what I've heard from other moms, the cute ones are just that....cute, nothing else.

Speaking from experience I would go with function over fashion in this case!

Lisa said...

I agree with Nancy--tiny love all the way. We had one for Kate and it kept her entertained even when she could pull herself up and turn it on herself. They are sturdy too! You want something that will keep her happy--and yes, look at it from your kid's perspective, not from above.

Darci White said...

Did you decide on one??!!! I'm loving catching up.... ekkkkkkk!!!!!

Busana Muslim said...

thanks for your help. Your blog contain lots of information for many people.

Unknown said...

I agree that every baby is different. I found that mine like patterns. I think it's possible that they soothe or entertain, but it depends on the kid. As stated, every baby is different. Mine likes patterns and loves tags. We can give her the cutest, softest stuffed animal ever and she is interested in the safety/care instructions tag. lol

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...