Thursday, February 21, 2013

The Hunt for the Perfect Mascara - Round 2 Drugstore Edition

Last month I shared with you my quest for the perfect mascara.  In that post I reviewed several mascaras that can be found at places like Sephora.  This time I wanted to review some "drugstore" mascaras.  First up is Maybelline's Mega Plush Volum' Express
I really loved this one at first.  It lengthened, gave me the volume I wanted, didn't clump and really did wonders for my lashes.  And of course I love the price (under $10 and I always have a coupon).  However after a couple of weeks of use, the brush started to flake off on under my eyes when I applied the mascara.  It definitely worked really well at first but then after a few weeks, I wasn't happy with the results.  Definitely not my favorite Maybelline mascara.  

I'm a big fan of this mascara.  It did everything I wanted and was a fantastic price (and I always have a coupon).  It lengthened without clumping, gave me natural looking volume, lasted all day and never flaked off under my eyes.  I've been using it for almost a month now and have no complaints.  So far this is definitely my favorite mascara...I'm still going to hunt for others but this is going to be a tough one to beat.   

3 comments:

Trisha said...

Cover Girl Lash Blast is my favorite as well, but a VERY CLOSE second place is L'Oreal False Fiber Lashes.

Virginia Belle said...

I really like Maybelline Great Lash but I'm always up for trying something better. I will have to give CG Lash Blast a try. Thanks for sharing!

Tameika H. Maroney said...

Why don't you try the Too Faced Christmas in New York Ornament Mascara, it adds volume, lifts and coats both tops and bottoms, perfect for extreme curl and dramatic lashes. Shop online at https://www.boutiqueken.com/cat/beauty-eyes/pro/284832-too-faced-christmas-in-new-york-ornament-mascara.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...