Thursday, August 3, 2017

My Favorite Anniversary Sale Picks

The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale ends in just a few days on Sunday, August 6.  I love this time of year but my bank account needs a break.  After lots of trying on, ordering and returning I've decided what I'm keeping and what's going back so with that I present to you my favorite Anniversary Sale items...in no particular order...and because I've got a little OCD they are organized by category.  Many of these items are still available so make sure you check them out before its too late.

SHOES (because you can never have too many!) 

 (true to size, wearing 6.5)

These Vince booties were a last minute purchase.  I've been on the hunt for a pair of black booties and when the Kork-Ease ones didn't work out I decided to try these and I'm so glad I did.  I love the cut so you see some ankle...they are super comfortable and just enough heel for this 5'1" girl.  And nothing beats Vince shoes for under $100!  Also come in other colors...lots of sizing and color options still available.  

(true to size, wearing 6.5)

If you've been following Christina's Favorite Things then you know I've been on the hunt for a pair of black slip ons.  I was thrilled when these Vince ones became available because I've heard such good things about this brand's slip ons but I didn't want to pay full price.  So happy with these.  There are still a ton of color and size options available.

DRESSES (love me a good dress!) 

(size up, wearing 4)

This Chelsea28 dress was a favorite from the beginning.  Will be the perfect summer to fall transition piece and then again winter to spring.  It will be perfect for work or other functions where I need to dress up a bit.  Still some sizes available.

(true to size, wearing XS) 

I LOVE this Cupcakes & Cashmere dress.  The fit is perfect.  Love the off the shoulder.  Again will be a great transition dress.  And I just love that it has pockets.  I plan on wearing it to my husband's 40th birthday party unless of course I find something else I love between now and then.  :)

DENIM (great time to stock up on new jeans!) 

(true to size, wearing 26) 

I bought a pair of Paige jeans last anniversary sale and this year's pair didn't disappoint either.  Such a great deal to get premium denim under $100.  I highly recommend these.   I have to get them hemmed a bit but nothing crazy so it won't lose it skinny bottom.

(true to size, wearing 2P) 

I'm a HUGE fan of Kut from the Kloth jeans.  And these step hem ones didn't disappoint.  I was a little skeptical about the hemline but after trying them on I loved them.   Something fun and different.  Quality is on point and the price is perfect at $60. (For those of you wondering...the top is from sale...didn't make my top picks because there are just too many but it's still available here)

TOP (tops, tops and more tops!) 

(sized up, wearing S)

Love this Caslon hoodie.  So soft and comfy.  What I love most is the detail...three quarter length sleeve and the inset in the back.  I was on the fence about this one after first but after trying it on a few times I knew I had to keep it.  This will definitely be a go-to this fall.

(true to size, wearing XS in both...tee runs a bit big but I like that fit for this look)

I love Lush!!!  I already have so many great tops in my wardrobe and these two were great additions.  I know I've talked a lot about them already so I won't bore you but you can't go wrong with the roll tab blouse (select colors and sizes available) or the tee (constantly being restocked).

SWEATERS (fall is approaching so need to restock!)
 
(comes in one size) 

There were SO many good sweaters this sale it was very hard to narrow it down....but I did so hear are my picks.  This Halogen cashmere vest has been a favorite from the very beginning.  It's sooo soft and is going to get a lot of wear this season.  As much as I would have love to keep both...I stuck with basic black.  One of my favorites overall from the sale.  It keeps coming in and out of stock.  

(true to size, wearing XS) 

This Halogen tie cashmere sweater was a surprising favorite of all of my purchases.  Truth be told I just got it to review for you guys but ended up loving it. I kept it in black.  It's super soft and going to be very versatile for me...I will wear it with jeans or black pants and can keep it dressed down or dress it up with a fun necklace.  I highly recommend and there is  


(true to size, wearing XS/S)

I'm late to the Barefoot Dreams party but I'm glad I'm here and don't want to leave.  I absolutely LOVE their cardigans...SOFTEST.THINGS.EVER!  I tried on this circle cardigan and also the hooded one and the circle one won me over.  The hooded one was a bit overwhelming on my 5'1" frame.  The circle one is also a little more dressy so I could wear it more places.  They keep restocking so definitely pick yourself up one!  

OUTERWEAR (need to stay warm this fall/winter!) 

(sized up, wearing S)

I had been waiting and waiting for this Madewell Catskills jacket.  It was sold out EVERYWHERE but I finally got my hands on it and I'm a huge fan!  It's going to be the perfect fall jacket.  I can't wait to style it.  It's been sold out for a while with limited restocking but don't worry I'm working on a post filled with similar jackets.   

ACTIVE WEAR (or just lounge around the house wear!) 

 (true to size, wearing XS) 

You all know my love for Zella leggings so I won't bore you with a long drawn out explanation.  I will say if you haven't tried the Hatha (on the left) or the Keep It Cool leggings (on the right) then now is the time to do it because the sale is the perfect time to purchase.  Still available in various colors and sizes.

 photo signature_zpsa7637e94.png

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...