Friday, October 12, 2018

Five Friday Favorites - Outerwear

This week's Five Friday Favorites is focused on outerwear for Fall and Winter.  I apologize in advance as I didn't have time to take photos the way I wanted but I didn't want to not post this so you will just have to bear with the #OOTD mirror shots for most of them.  I've ordered these as the temperatures get cooler...

#1 - Field Jacket 
LEFT - Jacket (similar) / Top / Jeans / Shoes (similar)
RIGHT - Jacket / Top / Jeans (similar) 

You've seen these photos a lot because I'm a such a fan of a good field jacket.  It's the PERFECT layering piece for the fall...especially those cloudy and light rainy days.  There are sooo many options out there but I wanted to share two of my favorites.  The one on the left is Madewell from last year's Anniversary Sale but don't worry, Nordstrom Rack has a great alternative...it looks almost exactly like mine.  And the one on the right is Target...and super affordable, definitely more casual than the Madewell one and lighter weight.   


#2 - Quilted Vest
LEFT - Vest / Shirt (similar) / Jeans / Boots
RIGHT - Vest / Dress (similar) / Boots

I LOVE a good vest.  They are so versatile and can go with almost any outfit.  I personally have a slight addiction to the J.Crew Factory ones.  I have it in navy, orange and herringbone.  This year they have a camo version and a gingham one....and a printed floral one.  You definitely need at least one in your closet...I recommend starting with black or navy.  If you had your heart set on a herringbone one, I found a great dupe from Amazon

#3 - Fleece Jackets 
I love a good fleece.  I'd much rather wear a fleece than a winter coat if I can get away with it.  I have two staples in my wardrobe that return year after year - Patagonia Fleece and North Face Zip Up.  They are really great quality and worth the money because they will last and are timeless.  I added a new one this year thanks to Amazon and it's under $40!!!

#4 - Rain Coats
These two rain coats are new this year.  Every girl needs a classic trench in their closet and on the left you have Target's A New Day brand has a great dupe for the classic Burberry trench.  Great fit and flattering and has a removable hood!  The coat on the right is fresh off the UPS truck.  I had been on the hunt for a cute, casual rain coat that would go with a lot of things and I finally found one thanks to Joules.  I had a hard time deciding between the plaid and stripe but ultimately I though the stripe would be more versatile.  I got great use out of it yesterday!  Love, love!!

#5 - Winter Coats
LEFT - Coat (similar) / Hat (similar) / Scarf (on sale) 
RIGHT - Coat / Hat (on sale) / Boots

Last up are winter coats.  I've got about three different coats in rotation...two I've featured here.  One is basic black coat with a twist (faux leather sleeves).  I got it during the Anniversary Sale last year and LOVE it.  I found a similar (and very affordable) version at Kohl's.  The second is a longtime favorite and a huge favorite of my readers...J.Crew Factory's City coat.  Goes with anything and there are sooo many colors to pick from.  The fit is very flattering and you can easily dress it up or down.  It is constantly going on sale and I always post those deals on the FB page.  The last which isn't featured and probably the one I wear the most is my The North Face Metropolis coat.  I wear this one the most...which is ironic because I couldn't find a picture of me in it.  It's such a great and very warm winter coat.  Water resistant and easy for travel.  If you don't have this coat and are needing a new winter one, I highly recommend it.  There are a bunch of colors available but I prefer black. 


 photo signature_zpsa7637e94.png

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...