Friday, March 29, 2019

Five Friday Favorites - NYC Travel Essentials

If you follow me on Facebook or Instagram you saw that we are spending the weekend in NYC for Little Mini's birthday.  Two nights filled with lots of fun stuff for us.  I thought for this week's Five Friday Favorites I would share my FIVE essentials for this trip that will hopefully make it a little easier -

#1 - Comfortable (but stylish) shoes
Just because you want to have comfortable shoes for traveling, doesn't mean they don't have to be cute.  I'm OBSESSED with these blush New Balances.  So comfortable but SO chic.  Goes with a lot of outfit options two...wearing them to travel in jeans and then travel home in joggers.  Plus I can wear them throughout the weekend depending on what we are doing.

#2 - Backpack with function and style
This super cute quilted backpack (also available in blush camo) is going to serve as my travel bag and purse.  With two kids to keep after while we explore, I didn't want to have to worry about having a purse on my arm and I'll be able to fit stuff for the kids.  This one has an easy access back pocket where I can put my phone, chapstick and other small items.  And it can fit my laptop and bag of snacks for the train ride.  HIGHLY recommend.

#3 - Packing Cubes 
In order to limit the number of suitcases I'm packing the minis and myself all in one bag and Hubs will be in another.  With this situation it was critical that we use both my packing cubes and the minis so that we could keep everything in order.  If you don't already own a set, I HIGHLY recommend.  I even got Hubs on board with them.

#4 - Portable Charger
I never leave for a trip without a portable charger...especially this trip because we will be out and about all day/night and using our phones for pictures, directions, Ubers, etc.

#5 - Headphones for the Minis
I probably should have listed kids tablets as one of the essentials but I thought that was a given.  Headphones are a MUST to go with them so they can still enjoy their show but not everyone else on the train does.  I picked these up on Amazon...under $15 and work great.  Several color options so each of the girls has their own and there's no fighting.



 photo signature_zpsa7637e94.png

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What jeans are you wearing?

Christina said...

Here's a link to the jeans - https://amzn.to/2CJLhn4

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...