Monday, March 2, 2009

Favorite Thing #121 - Jillian Michaels - 30 Day Shred

Several of the blogs I follow (Like a Valentine and Confessions of A Overweight Shopaholic) and my co-worker convinced me to get Jillian Michaels' (of Biggest Loser fame) 30 day shred and after day one it quickly became one of my favorite things. The workout is perfect for days when you are busy and don't have time to head to the gym. It is a 20 minute work out that consists of cardio and weights. All you need is a mat and set of free weights (I had 7.5 lb. weights and home and ended up buying 5 lb. ones just for this workout). You are constantly moving and working all parts of your body. There are three different levels so as you get in better shape you can move up a level and then it isn't the same monotonous workout over and over again. I'm not a big fan of DVD workouts but this one is so worth it and right now you can buy it at Amazon for only $8.49 (that's only like 2 lattes at Starbucks).

Still loving (and using) Favorite Thing #21. This is something I wouldn't want to live without. It gives me that I just got my hair professionally done look. I'm not cooridnated enough to do the regular blow dryer and round brush when doing my hair so this does that job for me all in one easy tool. Thanks again to April for introducing me to this favorite thing.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does the 30 Day Shred have you jumping up and down and bouncing all around? I live on the 3rd floor of our apartment and work out at 5:30 in the morning. I am interested in the 30 Day Shred but am unsure if I'd be able to do it?

Christina said...

Yes there is some bouncing. During level 2 you do jumping jacks, some bouncing twist things, etc. It's an amazing workout. I did it again on Saturday and I am still sore.

J @ The Look 4 Less said...

I must get this workout DVD. The price is great too!

Christina said...

It is amazing. I have been doing it every other day now and I am so sore...but a good sore!

Darci White said...

okay, now i just flat out wish i wouldn't have looked at your blog - my list of "must buys" is growing and growing.

i need that blow dryer, the nars blush - and i REALLY need the workout dvd. ;-)

Anonymous said...

I just ordered the 30 Day Shred on eBay...I'm hoping it will get me motivated to get in shape for Spring! I have been so lazy lately. I'm actually at a good weight, but I need to tone up BADLY. Thanks for the suggestion!I figure I can find at least 20 minutes a day to get off my butt and jump around.

Anna @ Amerikana said...

I am getting the 30 day shred today! It seems to be a blog fave these days!! Can't wait to see my pregger pounds goooooooooooooooooo!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...