Thursday, January 31, 2008

Favorite Thing #10 – Pasta Roni Garlic and Olive Oil with Vermicelli


Sometimes my husband and I want something quick and easy for dinner and favorite thing #10 is a quick and tasty side dish or main meal – Pasta Roni’s Garlic and Olive Oil with Vermicelli. I first tried this in college with my friend Laurie. We needed something quick to eat before we headed out for the evening. I had a box of Pasta Roni at home so we made it…and it was delicious. The only ingredients you need are water and butter. And you can literally make it in less than 20 minutes. I’m never a fan of boxed pasta (other than mac and cheese) but this one is so flavorful you would have thought I made it from scratch. You can find it at your local grocery store and sometimes you can catch it on sale. Last week I picked up a couple of boxes at Safeway for $1 each!!!!

I usually have a box of this at home for a “just in case” meal. And it actually came in handy this week when I came home from work with a horrible headache so my husband made some of this for me for dinner.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...