Thursday, February 18, 2010

Amazing Three Course Dinner

Things have been crazy busy for me and of course the first thing that gets neglected is my blog. Here's a long over due post about the amazing meal that my cousin-in-law made for us the other weekend.

First Course: Fresh tomato, mozzarella salad with basil pesto and a fig balsamic glaze. This was soooo yummy. I'm not a big fan of tomatoes and mozzarella (I know, I'm weird) but this was so good. The basil pesto and the glaze really complimented this dish.


Second Course: Scallops with a tomato risotto. This was by far my favorite dish. The scallops were cooked perfectly (I got a lesson on how to cook the perfect scallop...there will be a post on that soon. I promise). And the tomato risotto was amazing! This dish seemed pretty easy to create so I'm hoping that I can recreate it myself.


Third Course: Braised short ribs with a cauliflower puree and sauteed asparagus. Another amazing meal! He braised the short ribs all day and it was so tender I didn't even need a knife to cut it. I was so glad he made the cauliflower puree because I've always wanted to try it. It is such a great substitute for starchy potatoes and Hubby and I are definitely going to start making that instead of potatoes.

My cousin-in-law Greg is so talented and is an amazing chef!!! I learned a lot from him. I wish they lived closer so we could enjoy his food more often. And special thanks to my cousin for taking these creative pictures of the food.

2 comments:

DSS said...

Wow! What a treat :) Looks (and sounds) absolutely delish!

glop918 said...

Lucky, lucky, lucky!!! Gregory is the best chef ! the food tastes phenomenal and he makes it look so easy!
I love him :-), Cassandra blessed me with the best son!
love you guys
aunt gloria

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...