Thursday, September 27, 2012

Beauty Review - Loreal's BB Cream

I've been looking to shorten the time I spend beautifying my face because as you know with a new baby there aren't enough hours in the day.  My friend recommended that I try a BB cream.  For those of you not familiar with BB cream, it's supposed to do it all - even skin tone, illuminate, perfect, moisturizes and protect skin.  I wanted something affordable (new baby + daycare = stricter budget) so my friend recommended Loreal's Youth Code.  It was over the summer when I first tried it so I went with the medium skin tone since I was tan...not a good idea.  It was WAY too dark...I don't think I will ever be tan enough to wear that shade.  The light was a much better fit.  So far so good on the product.  I still have to wear concealer to hide the dark circles under my eyes but other than that I feel like it gives great coverage, it's light weight and you can't beat the under $20 price tag.  I definitely would recommend.  If you have a bigger beauty budget try Bobbi Brown's BB Cream...Andee Layne at The Honeybee just did a review on it.  What about you...do you use a BB cream?  If so, which one is your favorite?

2 comments:

Mrs EyeCanSee said...

I've been using the Garnier BB cream for the last few weeks and love it!! I had read a few reviews and several people said it's exactly the same as the L'Oreal one but a little less money. So far so good!

MegBice said...

I recently started using BB cream as well and LOVE IT - makes the morning "get ready" routine faster and more efficient. I went to Ulta a got two free samples of the Smashbox BB cream – which were awesome, however above my budget. While discussion other options with the sales girl she directed me to Maybelline which you can buy at CVS, with their rewards card you can get it for $11.99 STEAL! The sales girl I was talking to was a complete sweetheart and gave me an extra sample of the Smashbox BB before I left even thought I was upfront about looking for a cheaper option. I might splurge on the Smashbox one once I get another 20 Ulta points and can get $10 off.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...