Sunday, May 14, 2017

Wardrobe Staples: Summer Sandals

A new feature I'd like to start doing on Christina's Favorite Things is wardrobe staples.  I've been going through the process of decluttering my life (more on that in a later post) and part of that is through my wardrobe and keeping just the staples with a few fun pieces here are there.  If I haven't worn it in a year (unless its a special occasion outfit) then it gets either put up on eBay, sent to ThredUp (more to come on this) or donated.  As part of this process, I am going to share with you my favorite wardrobe staples.  First up is sandals!  There's nothing better than sandal weather.  And over the past few years I've started a nice collection of my favorite sandals both casual and dressy.  Here are some of my favorites that I think you should try out.

Let's start with the flip flop...a must in the summer time.  I am usually between two different types - Old Navy's basic thong flip flop and a good pair of Rainbows (I prefer the thing strap).

Next we'll go a little fancier but still a nice flat sandal.  The beauty of these is they can be dressed up or down.  I've posted about both of these before in my OOTD Facebook posts.  Tory Burch Miller Sandal (I have them in black patent).  While these are a little more pricey than I like to spend on sandals, I've had them for four or five years and they really hold up and can be paired with any outfit.

Another pair I've posted about before are the Sam Edelman Gigi sandals.  I have them in nude patent and no joke you really could wear them with anything and the price is affordable too.  These are another pair I've had for a few years and they are still in good shape.  These come in all sorts of colors too.

Moving to something with a bit more of a heel, I got a pair of J.Crew sandals a few years ago with just a small wedge.  It's just enough of a heel to dress it up a bit but not too overwhelming.  I had them on here when I was trying on some new purchases.  I can't find these anymore but here's a similar pair by Cole Haan.

I LOVE a good wedge in the summer time...and they really stand the test of time.  You will be seeing my wedge collection (really only a couple pairs) over the course of my OOTD this summer.  Unfortunately, none of them are available for purchase but I've shared some similar styles I love herehereherehereherehere and here.  There are so many I love. I could go on and on.  

So far this season, I up these Steve Madden ones (on sale!) and so far so good.  They are pretty comfortable given the heel.

And of course you have seen my most recent Nordstrom Rack find Tory Burch wedges which I'm obsessed with now.  Here's a nice alternative.

You are probably sick of seeing my feet by now. :)  I've shared some of these styles and other favorites below.  I want to hear from you.  What are some of your favorite sandals??


Make sure you check out the Christina's Favorite Things Facebook page so you can see how I'm pairing all these shoes with various outfits.


 photo signature_zpsa7637e94.png

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...