Monday, February 5, 2018

DRESSING ROOM DIARIES - Target's Universal Thread


 
I'm a sucker for a plaid shirt and Target's new Universal Thread line had four amazing options.  I'd recommend sizing up.  The XS fit but I feel like once I wash and dry it will shrink and but too small.  They have four cute plaids - navy/gray; yellow/gray; blue; and my favorite and the one I took home - red. 

I had my eye on this black gingham print top when they released the sneak peek looks.  I love the sleeves and the black gingham print.  Unfortunately it's a little short for me.  I feel like I'd constantly be self conscious every time I moved my arms.  I do think I'm long waisted so not everyone might have the same issue.  It's also a very lightweight material and not lined. 

The camo green color is going to be huge this season...I'm starting to see it pop up everywhere including this T-shirt dress. It's so comfortable and very flattering.  Wear it when the weather warms up slightly with a denim jacket and booties and then trade those in for flip flops when the weather gets hot.  I can't wait to pair the dress with these earrings

Two items from Universal Thread in this review.  Absolulely LOVE the shorts.  The fit and style are on point and you can't beat the $16.99 price tag.  They are VERY similar to my much more expensive Paige jean shorts.  This top is also super cute.  Cap sleeve with blue embroidery detail.  Nice and light weight for the cooler months.  Everything true to size.  Definitely recommend both. 

This is another top I was super excited for when I saw the preview but didn't LOVE it when I tried it on.  It's pretty boxy and again the length (like the gingham one) is just too short.  It's a very lightweight material.  I do love the color and the pattern.  Didn't go home with it.  True to size. 

You can't beat an $8 tee.  This v-neck one is soft and the perfect top to layer or on it's own.  I also picked it up in a light purple...and ordered in olive.  I live in these types of tops.  True to size.  Wearing an XS. 

My eye was quickly drawn to this tie tank.  It has a beautiful black stripe with beautiful embroider detail.  Unfortunately it was a little too big and overwhelming on my frame.  If you are a little taller than my 5'1" height I would definitely recommend. 

This Universal Thread top reminds me of my favorite Vince Camuto tank.  If I didn't already own it in red I would definitely have snagged it up.  It also comes in black but we know I definitely don't need another black top.  True to size.  Super cute.  Definitely recommend. 

I love a good romper and this one is awesome.  It's a gauze like fabric...very flattering and I love the embroidery detail.  There's a tie but I wasn't a huge fan of it so I hid it.  Don't think I'd wear it with it.  The waist cinches enough with the elastic that I don't think you need the tie.  Can't wait to pair it with a wedge or heel this spring. 

I really, really wanted to like this dress.  I love the style and pattern but the bust area was WAY TOO small.  It's weird because I don't have a large chest either.  I think sizing up would not work because the rest of the dress would be too big.  Such a bummer.  Anyone else have luck with it?

Last of the reviews...love this dress.  It's soft and comfortable.  Fits so great.  I'll be able to dress it up or down.  Also comes in a solid option. True to size.  Highly recommend. 

 photo signature_zpsa7637e94.png

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...