Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Pinterest Wednesday - Meal Plan Organization (and free printable)


I'm back to work next week and need a way to stay organized with our dinners (leftovers for lunch) so we don't eat out every night.  Daycare is going to be a big expense for us so I want to save $$$ where we can and meals is the easiest way (we do take out too much).  This was the first thing I found on Pinterest where I pinned it and immediately checked it out.  Thanks to Life in Yellow for creating and blogging about this.  Like her, every week I would always have good intentions of meal planning and sticking to it but never did.  This new system will allow me to organize our meals to find recipes that have similar ingredients and also prepare some meals ahead of time.  I decide what meals for the week then check out the fridge and pantry to see what ingredients I need.  I add the other groceries for the week at the bottom like milk, eggs, etc.  I take this one step further because I do some grocery shopping at Target and some at the grocery store so I transfer this to a master list with the household items.  On the master list I "star" the items I have coupons for....makes it easier for Hubby when he goes shopping for me.  Be sure to check out her blog for the free printable.  Not only did I find a new organization system but I also found a great new blog to visit regularly.  Check out some of her other organization posts here.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...