Saturday, June 10, 2017

Jamberry...Take One

My sister-in-law started selling Jamberry nail products so I thought I'd give it a whirl.  I've been spending a fortune getting gel manicures every other week and thought this could be a better and cheaper alternative.  First let's start with...what are nail wraps?  They are thin vinyl sheets that are pressure and heat activated to adhere to your nail for a long lasting look.  Made with durable materials and can last for up to two weeks on fingernails and four weeks on toes.

I was definitely skeptical because I really didn't think I could do it because I've always been REALLY, REALLY bad at doing my own nails.  I actually surprised myself.  Here's how my nails looked after my first solo attempt.  No where near perfect but I don't think I did too bad of a job for my first go round.


The colors are Daydream (nude pink color) and Cosmopolitan (adds a nice design).  There was some bunching of the wrap around the ends but they definitely got better the further along I got.  Some helpful tips for my next try are 1) push my cuticles back more; 2) reheat the wrap again to smooth out the bumps; 3) go a size smaller for smoother finish and 4) BE PATIENT and take my time.  I definitely think I rushed through it.  I'm going to watch a few helpful tips and tricks videoshttps://jamaste.jamberry.com/us/en/help/how-to-apply-nails for next time too to really get it down.  I'm going to try bright pink with a fun pink pattern for my ring fingers next.



If you are interested in trying it out, I recommend getting the Basic Bundle kit which comes with everything you need an application kit, mini heater and you can pick four wraps. Here's a picture of my sister-in-law's nails so you can see what they should look like...I'll get there.


I've NEVER been good about doing my own nails and I know this will take time...practice make perfect.  Interested in learning more about Jamberry, reach out to April, here.




 photo signature_zpsa7637e94.png

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...