Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Cleaning Make Up Brushes

 
I am so embarrassed to say that I can't remember the last time I actually cleaned my make up brushes.  Needless to say they were WAY over due.  I got a bunch of stuff from Amazon to really get my brush really, really clean.    


The process was actually very easy.  Because they were SUPER dirty, I did a two step process

First I took the cleanser and the cleaning mat and gave it a good scrub.  Once I felt like I got the initial gunk off, then I moved on to the electric brush cleaner....a very fun new gadget.

I put some water and cleanser into the basin of the electric brush cleaner.  The went one by one with my brushes.  There are a bunch of attachments so you just have to find one that has a snug fit and you can go.  If it's too loose, the brush will fly off when you turn it on.  I would spend a couple minutes on each brush moving it up and down to really get that deep clean.

After cleaning each brush, I used this stand to air dry the brushes.  I love this stand because it has lots of options to fit all different brush thickness and when you are done it comes apart for easy storage.

I ended up emptying the basin multiple times because my brushes were so dirty.  I won't be letting that happen again...moving forward, I'm going to start cleaning my brushes at least once a quarter.  Shop all the items I used below -

CLEANSER


CLEANING MAT



ELECTRIC BRUSH CLEANER


DRYING RACK



 photo signature_zpsa7637e94.png

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...