Friday, September 21, 2018

Five Friday Favorites - Fall Transition Must Haves

This week's Five Friday Favorites is focused on transition pieces and what are the key items to have in your closet as we move to fall and cooler temperatures.

#1 - Utility/Field Jacket 
Look on Left - Jacket (similar) / Shirt / Jeans / Shoes (similar)
Look on Right - Jacket / Shirt / Jeans (similar) / Shoes (similar)

The weather can be unpredictable as we transition to fall.  Lately around here it's been rainy and gloomy almost 24/7.  It's days like that where a field jacket is perfect.  You can layer to keep warm when the temperature drops and it protects you from the elements.  In addition to these two looks, I'm also a big fan of J.Crew's field jacket.  

 #2 - Dark Wash, No Holes Jeans 
Look on Left - Long Sleeve Top / Jeans / Shoes 
Look on the Right - Sweater / Cami / Jeans / Shoes (similar)

My closet is full of all sorts of jeans...cropped, boot cut, skinny, distressed but the one style I have an overwhelming amount of is basic, no holes, no tears, simple dark skinny jeans.  They go with anything everything.  And you don't have to spend a fortune on them.  Two of my favorite brands shown above are Kut from the Kloth and Wit and Wisdom and they are under $100!  

#3 - Basic (but cozy) Long Sleeve Tee
 Look on Left - Shirt / Jeans / Shoes (not shown)
Look on Right - Shirt / Leggings (similar) / Shoes

In the fall, especially on the weekends I live in a cozy long sleeve tee.  I have a few in my collection that are my go-tos but just added two more that I'm obsessed with and they are very reasonably priced.  If you are looking for a new, affordable brand of basic cotton pieces then definitely check out Daily Ritual at Amazon!  

 #4 - Printed Blouse
Look on Left - Top / Jeans / Shoes (similar)
Look on Right - Top / Jeans / Boots

Since I can't wear cozy tops every day of the week, I have to have a couple of cute blouses (that are still comfortable) that can be worn to work or date night.  I actually haven't updated the ones I have in my closet in a while but ended up picking up these two from Anthropologie.  Love these because they are unique and not everyone will have them.  

 #5 - Layering Cardigan
Look on Left - Sweater (similar) / Dress / Necklace / Boots (similar)
Look on Right - Sweater / Shirt / Necklace / Jeans / Boots

The fall transition weather can be unpredictable...some days its cold and other days it starts off cool but then ends up summer like.  That's why I have several cardigans in my closet to throw on and layer during those days but they also work in the late fall and winter months.  

 photo signature_zpsa7637e94.png

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...