Friday, March 1, 2019

Five Friday Favorites - Spring Transition Pieces

Spring weather can be very unpredictable...warm one minute and then freezing the next.  It can be challenging when picking what to wear.  If you are like me then you are over the winter weather clothes and are ready to jump into your spring/summer clothes so I've outlined five (actually six) categories of must haves for transition pieces.  These pieces allow you to mix and match with your winter wardrobe if you need but freshening things up a bit! 

#1 - Nude Flats
Love these flats!  Perfect nude color and are perfect transition footwear in March/April and even May.  It's that time of year when we aren't quite ready for open toed shoes but are over wearing boots.  Other flats I love are Tory Burch Minnies (lots of colors to pick from) and these Target ones that came back from last year.  Fun pop of color.

#2 - Field Jacket 

I LOVE field jackets.  I have a few in my closet because I get so much wear out of them in the spring/summer months.  Great for layering and go with SO many things.  I love my Madewell one (on the left) and they have a very similar one out this year.  And J.Crew Factory's version (on the right) is perfect too.  Target also has two cute versions this season - one from Universal Thread and the other from A New Day...great price points.

#3 - Sweatshirt Dress (and Denim Jacket)
dress / necklace / jacket (similar)

Sweatshirt dresses are my favorite because you can layer based on temperatures and dress them up or down but still be very comfortable.  My favorite brand from Amazon, Daily Ritual, has a fabulous one this season in a whole bunch of colors.  You can wear on it's own or layer it like with a denim jacket.  I've had this GAP one FOREVER and it's another great transition piece to have on hand.  Highly recommend!! 

#4 - Long Sleeve Tops

Weather can be so unpredictable in the spring and it can get old just wearing a basic long sleeve tee so I like to have some fun ones that work on their own but can also be layered.  These are three of my favorites this season...and the best part of them is they work now, spring or again in the fall.  

#5 - Layering Cardigan

Sometimes layering with a jacket gets old so I like to have a lightweight cardigan as an option.  I love this one from Stella and Dot because it's SO soft and very comfortable.  You can dress it up or down.  I love it so much I have it in gray and black!  Other colors available as well.  Fit is true to size.

#6 - Fun Jewelry

I know this is supposed to be five favorites but I had to add a sixth because sometimes winter lasts a little longer than we would like and we are stuck still wearing sweaters but you can still add a little spring to it with some fun jewelry.  There are some of my recent favorites that work now and then when it warms up.


 photo signature_zpsa7637e94.png

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...