Friday, August 7, 2020

Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2020 Reviews


Thanks to COVID there won't be a dressing room review for this year's Nordstrom Anniversary sale but I did order a bunch of stuff to review. Keep checking back on this post because I will add to it as my packages arrive. 


SWEATERS

This Free People sweater is definitely a keeper. Love the chunky knit! Fit is true to size. Love that it's not too oversized like Free People sweaters usually are. It comes in a bunch of colors and I went out of my comfort zone with the orange and I LOVE it! 
Again I picked a sweater outside my usual color comfort zone. This one is SO soft and cozy. I love the big neck. It's on the longer side so it could work with leggings, depending on how tall you are. I'm going to return it and grab it in the burgundy beet instead because I think it would be a good sweater to wear with my Spanx and I think that color will look better on me.

So what do we think? I think this color is better on me and it will look super cute with my Spanx faux leather leggings too! 


You know I'm a sucker for black so I couldn't pass up getting a black sweater this sale. I am OBSESSED with this one from Treasure and Bond. It is so soft and cozy. The perfect oversized cold weather sweater. Comes in a few colors. It is an oversized fit so consider sizing down, I'm in an XS. 

TOPS

I am OBSESSED with this Free People camo tee. It is SO cute. Perfect weekend wear. I can wear on it's own as we transition to fall and then pair with a cardigan as the weather get colder. Super soft. As with most things with Free People, it runs a bit big so consider sizing down. I'm in an XS. 


This is a fabulous staple top to have in your closet. Great on it's own or layer it with a blazer, cardigan or jacket. I got it mainly to layer. I love the subtle lace detail. It's a nice v-neck but not too low so it's work appropriate. I opted for ecru color because I have plenty of black. Check out the outerwear section to see how I layered it. Fit is true to size. 
This All in Favor top works great for work or play. It's a super cute surplice blouse that has a tuck at the hem with the perfect drapey silhouette. Comes in three prints and it's under $30. Fit is true to size. Definitely a keeper.

top / jeans / shoes (on major sale)

I really wanted to like this 1.State top because I love a good basic white shirt and this one fit that but with a twist. Unfortunately the cross shape wasn't flattering on me...it just didn't lay right. I'm considering ordering up a size to a small (if it goes back in stock) to see if that fits better. 


JEANS 

I really wanted to like this new trend with the flare cropped jeans but I just wasn't a fan of these from Kut from the Kloth. I love the brand but these jeans are just a no for me. Maybe if I was a bit taller. Fit was true to size. 


This might be hard to believe but I've never owned black jeans so I decided this was the perfect time to try them out. I went with one of my favorite brands, Wit and Wisdom, because they are affordable and offer petites. I sized down to a 2P and they fit great. 


Wit and Wisdom have always been my go-to jeans and I use the sale to stock up on a pair or two for the season. I loved these with the subtle distressing.  They fit great, I just wish the ankle was a little skinnier and for that I won't be keeping them. From a sizing standpoint, just like with the black jeans I sized down to a 2P.

ACTIVE WEAR

tank / leggings

I use this sale to snag a pair of Zella leggings....after the day in and day out workouts my leggings just get nasty overtime so I need to refresh. These 7/8 leggings are one of my favorites because they fit my 5'1" frame as full length. Nice stretch and high waist keeps me sucked in. I paired it with a Zella tank that I also LOVE. I got this one last year in a blush color (not during the sale) and was so excited to see it back in a bunch of colors. This tank can be worn with workout clothes or just a casual look...very versatile. Fit is true to size.  

Since I haven't gone back to the gym yet (not ready and I don't want to wear a mask while working out) and I'm not sure when I will I wanted to get some outdoor workout clothes so when the temperature starts to drop I will be prepared. I love this cute long sleeve top from Nike. The pink is so fun and bright but if that's not your thing, they have other colors available. Fit is true to size. I sized up to a small for a looser fit. 

I really wanted to like this Alo sports bra because it's on the longer side so I could wear with my high-waisted leggings. Unfortunately it doesn't have the support I need, probably because the back looks like this...
Comes in a light blue too. If you have a smaller bust then I think this would work for you.



I like this Zella bra much better than the Alo one. I felt supported in it and it didn't show too much. I likely will never workout outside of my house like this but it will be perfect for the Peleton workouts. I originally went with a medium but it wasn't as tight as I would like so trying a small. 

OUTERWEAR

One of the things I wanted to get this sale was a new moto jacket in a taupe/tan color. Three years I got I got a black faux leather one (like this one available now) that I wear ALL the time and I want to add a new one to the mix. 


The first jacket is a faux suede moto jacket. I love the color and the style but sleeves kept bugging me. For some reason they weren't laying flat and they kept bunching. For that reason I might return it. I think I'm being a bit picky but I need to absolutely LOVE it in order to keep it. Comes in a few other colors. I sized up to a small so I could layer. 


The second jacket (and the one I think I'm keeping) is real suede from BlankNYC. It's a more fitted look with the perfect moto styling. Comes in two colors - I went with French Taupe but the other gray color is fabulous too. Again, I sized up to a small and it fits great. 
I love the sporty look of this moto jacket. Its the perfect fall/early winter jacket for bumming around town whether I'm in jeans or my leggings. I ordered up a size to a small. I'm on the fence on keeping it because I don't really need but I do love it. What do you think...keep or return?


I love using the Anniversary Sale as an opportunity to get staple pieces that rarely go on sale like this puffer jacket. I got a hoodless version two years ago in gray and decided to snag the hooded black version. So comfy and cozy and packs really nicely for when we go back on trips. I size up to a small for extra room. It's also available in white and gray for the sale. 

This Theory coat was going to be my splurge of the sale. I've been in need of a new nice coat...the black one I have from J.Crew is 10 years old and starting to fall apart. I loved this one when I saw it online because the color would go with everything and I knew the wool/cashmere blend would be so soft. I wasn't disappointed in the color or the material but the fit just didn't work for me. It just wasn't fitted the way I want it to be. A smaller size might work but it's not available. I really think I need a petite. If you are on the taller size I think this would work for you.

SHOES 



I really, really, really wanted these Vince Camuto boots to work because 1) I've been wanting black suede boots and 2) these are SO cute. After first they worked...I struggled a bit to get one of them on (I have athletic calves but I won't say they are big) but once they were on they were SO cute and felt great. The problem came when I had to get them off. It literally took me and my two daughters five minutes to get them off. They just wouldn't come off. I'm SO bummed because they look SO good



jacket / top / jeans / shoes

I didn't get any booties in last years sale and I wanted to get one pair this year for the fall/winter and these Vince Camuto ones are PERFECT. I didn't think I'd liked the pointed toe but I really do...dresses it up!  The fit is great (I'm in my usual size) and they are the perfect height to wear with my skinny jeans. They come in a few colors (I'm in tuscan taupe suede) and two snakeskin prints. Highly recommend. 



I haven't bought a pair of Uggs for myself in a while and I really didn't have any intention of doing so until I saw these wedge ones. I went with black because I have a pair of tan ones I wear regularly. They are super comfortable like Uggs always are but give me the height I'm craving with the subtle wedge (2 1/2 inch heel). I think these might be keepers for the fall and winter. What do you think? 


ACCESSORIES 

Since buying real 2 carat diamond earrings are out of the question, why not get myself the next best thing for $26.90! These look so real and I won't be freaked out about losing them. They come in gold and platinum. And there are several other sizes available (bigger and smaller). 

PAJAMAS
Every Anniversary Sale, I always snag at least one pair of the Nordstrom brand pajamas because they are SO soft and cozy to sleep in. Since I just got a set from Soma, I decided to only get one long sleeve pair because I was obsessed with this print. They are still so soft and cozy. They also come in short sleeve/shorts and short sleeve/long pants options. 

HOME

Love these nesting bowls. I've got great large bowls and super cute small dipping bowls but I needed something in between and these are perfect. They hold 3, 4, and 6 cups, comes with a lid for each bowl and are oven/dishwasher safe. There are several colors available including and all white option. Highly recommend. 
I'm big into diffusing oils and when I saw this travel diffuser for under $20 I had to get it. It's going to be great to bring my oils with me on the road. Comes in a couple of colors. Would also make a great gift. 

MINIS
This try on session is 100% by Big Mini. She picked the clothes and did the reviews...the only part I had was paying for it (haha) and typing for her because it would have taken forever. 

I love wearing t-shirts and shorts and I'm growing out of some of my cute t-shirts and I wanted new ones. I went with this Peek one because I love the color and the phrase. It's really soft. It fits me great, my mom says it's true to size. 


Here's another t-shirt by Tucker and Tate to add to my collection. It is SO cute and I just love the sunglasses on the kitty cat. This one was a little bit big but my mom's going to get me a smaller size. Also in this picture are my new Ugg boots. They are soft on the inside and I love the color. My mom says they will go with SO many outfits. 

I love this sweater because the colors are awesome and it's so soft when you wear it. I didn't itch at all. The ruffle detail is extra cute and gives it a pop! I also got new boots and they are so cute and fit perfectly. I love that it has a heel because I feel grown up. 

I love this dress because I'm really into tie dye right now. It super comfortable and I love it has spaghetti straps and how super soft the material is. My mom said that it runs a little small. She bought it so I could wear it next year but it fits me now. 

Last but not least, my favorite Nordstrom sale purchase...this robe! It is SO soft and cozy. It fits perfectly. I've been wearing it all over the house. I wear it in the morning and at night. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT!!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...