Wednesday, August 16, 2017

On an Organization Kick...Pantry Clean Out!

I have been on a MAJOR cleaning, reorganizing and purging kick.  You saw what I did with my home office last week, well this week I tackled our pantry.  I'm very lucky to have a walk in pantry with more than enough space for everything but it was so cluttered and disorganized.  It's too narrow to get pictures of all sides so I'll do my best to describe my thought process and provide links to the items I used.

First up when you are looking at the pantry dead on (as seen in the picture), I keep all the snacks (and then a small portion is breads - bagels, loaf of bread, buns).  Before everything was all over the place...in different size bags and it was hard to see everything. To create so order (starting from the top shelves), I got these awesome OXO Pop Containers to put things like pita chips, goldfish and pretzels in....not only can I see what we have but it also keeps it fresher longer.  I also use these smaller ones too.  For the items that have "pieces" or multiples like microwavable popcorn, different kinds of nuts, fruit snacks and others I got these Room Essentials containers in various sizes like this one and this one.  And then lastly, on the bottom for the snacks I buy in bulk at Costco I got these baskets to store Pirate Booty and Veggie Sticks.  

The left had side of the pantry has a variety of different items but all grouped together by category like oils, condiments, pastas, rice, etc.  The very top shelf has all the cereal and again I put it in these OXO containers to keep it fresh but also see how much we have.  The bottom shelf has easy access for zip-loc bags, foil, plastic wrap, etc.

And on the right side its mainly beverages and baking needs.  I buy my K-cups in bulk via Amazon subscribe and save or Costco so this bin helps store the overflow.  I use the same organizational process to keep things together buy category...top, top shelf is coffee, tea, hot chocolate; next shelf is baking needs with sugar, flour, etc; and so on.

Simple (and not very expensive) changes made a huge difference in cleaning up the pantry and will hopefully help avoid over buying and eliminate a lot of waste!  How do you keep your pantry organized?




 photo signature_zpsa7637e94.png

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...