Monday, August 14, 2017

Trunk Club Review and Box Reveal #1

After many failed attempts at Stitch Fix, I decided to give a new "shopping box" a try.  Decided to go with Trunk Club because its a Nordstrom company and I LOVE me some Nordstrom.  There were so many pros to using Trunk Club vs. Stitch Fix that I had to bullet them out.
  • Before anything was even sent to me, I got to have a conversation with my stylist on the phone to really explain to her what I was looking for.  I like that I was paired with someone that I could talk to vs. having to fill out a questionnaire and hope that they match my style. 
  • You have the opportunity to review the box ahead of time and take things out if you don't like them.  Don't worry they will be replaced with new ones but I love the option to do a first edit.   
  • They send you more than five items to pick from...I love a bigger selection.  
  • I found the items to be of higher quality and brands I know, trust and love like Vince Camuto, Chelsea28 and Pleione. 
  • If you keep your Nordstrom card on file to pay for the pieces you keep then they waive the styling fee...huge plus (and of course you earn points towards reward dollars).   
  • You can use your alteration credit from your Nordstrom card and take it in to any Nordstrom to get adjusted! 
From a downside, there's only one con that I've found so far and that is the price point on some items is a little higher than Stitch Fix.

Now let's get into what was in the box.  Getting the box when I did was poor time since I just finished some major shopping so it was tough to make decisions.

First up is a Pleat Back Blouse by NYDJ.  I actually really like this blouse.  The fit is great, I can wear it to work or on the weekend, it's like nothing I have in my wardrobe and a great price point ($88).  I passed on this because I ended up keeping three blouses from the anniversary sale.  If you need a great blouse though,  I definitely recommend this one.  It comes in all kinds of solid colors and prints.

One of the things I asked my stylist for was a new black flat.  These Jutti Toms are the first of two options she sent.  These are SO comfortable...seriously like walking on clouds.  The fit was great (true to size, wearing 6.5).  There was just one issue for me...I'm not a fan of the shape of the toe area and the overlapping look near the toe cleavage.  I really, really wanted to like them because they are so comfortable but they just weren't for me.

This Pleione stripe poplin drop waist dress was the piece I was most excited about.  It's so my style and not like anything I have in my closet.  Unfortunately as you can see from the picture it was WAY too big.  I'm wearing the XS and I'm just swimming in it.  If you are going to try it then I definitely recommend sizing way down.  The price point is great ($69) and the quality is there...if only it fit better.

I like these Rag and Bone Simone slim pants.  If I didn't already have a couple of pair like this in my closet then I definitely would keep them if the price point was lower.  They are $295 and I just can't justify that...shoes or handbags yes but not black pants.  They are very flattering and comfortable.

I wasn't expecting any jewelry in the box but appreciate that she threw something in.  These Kendra Scott earrings are very cute and would go with a lot of things but if I'm going to change out my diamond studs then I want something a little more fun.  JFYI, these come in all sorts of colors.

Well she knows I love me some Vince Camuto and this dress is great.  I LOVE the color!  The fit was great and the chiffon layer added an element of fun to it.  The price point wasn't bad at $148 but I didn't hold on to it because I just don't have anything to wear it to right now.

Two for one in this pictures.  She caught on to my love of Kut from the Kloth Jeans but these were a disappointing miss for me.  I really wanted to like these because I'm on the hunt for a new pair of basic, dark wash skinny jeans.  For me the ankle wasn't skinny enough and I wasn't a huge fan of the wash...to "dirty."

I love a good plaid shirt in the fall and I had high hopes for this Treasure and Bond one but there were two things that made me not keep it - it's was just a little too long and big (I'm wearing an XS)...I could have gotten over it if the pattern had a little more color too it.  It's a nice blue and white but I wanted a little more.  Price point is good ($69).

This Chelsea28 dress was the other item I was really excited about.  I LOVED it except that it was too small...I couldn't get it zipped over my rib cage.  I definitely would need a small.  If you need a simple, basic black dress then I definitely recommend this one...just make sure you size up.  This is perfect for any event and can be great for work as well.

I was pleasantly surprised by these Michael Kors ballet flats.  At first I didn't think I was going to like them because of the bow on the top but after wearing them around the house my mind changed.  They are very comfortable and actually the bow detail grew on me.  I like the two toned patent and basic leather.  And you can't be the $79 price tag.  Yay for a keeper!!

The check out process was easy...give the same type of feedback as I did with Stitch Fix and then you can pick a date for UPS to come and pick up the package.  Super easy.  You can schedule a delivery every month, every two months or every three months.

For the next box I'm going to request a mule loafer like this one, some fun earrings to spruce up black tops and a little more color...in the fall/winter months I tend to go for blacks, whites and grays so I'm hoping she can help me add some color to my wardrobe.

Interested in trying Trunk Club??  Check it out here.  I've only done it once so I'm not at a "highly recommend" yet but so far so good...and I'd say it's worth a try.  Stay tuned for next month's review!

 photo signature_zpsa7637e94.png

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...