Tuesday, July 10, 2018

My FAVORITE Time of Year - NORDSTROM ANNIVERSARY SALE


TWO. DAYS. AWAY from my FAVORITE time of year - the NORDSTROM ANNIVERSARY SALE!!!  In my opinion, it's the BEST sale of the year so of course I will be covering it all for you on the blog, Facebook and Instagram.  Before it all starts, here's my guide and helpful tips on how to shop the sale. 

SO WHAT'S THE BIG DEAL?
If you've never shopped the Anniversary Sale before then you are probably wondering, what's the big deal?  Nordstrom has sales all year long.  Well, what makes this one different is it's BRAND-NEW, NEVER-BEFORE-SEEN merchandise that's been marked down 40% off!  I use this sale to stock up on fall/winter and essentials.  More about that below. 


IMPORTANT DATES 
    • Early access for Nordstrom cardholders is this Thursday, July 12 at 12:01AM PST (I won't be staying up because I'm on EST but I will be setting my alarm early to get all the posts ready for when you wake up.  

    • Access for everyone is Friday, July 20 at 12:01 AM PST. 

    • Last day of the sale is Sunday, August 5 at 11:59 PM PST.  

HOW DO I GET EARLY ACCESS?  
In order to get "Early Access" you need to have a Nordstrom card (if you don't already have one).  If you don't have one, no worries you can sign up here and still use it for the sale because you can access the sale online (plus you get $40 in Nordstrom rewards after your first purchase).  

I know you might be hesitant to get a credit card but I have to share why this one is my favorite.  First there is NO FEE to have it but you do get to reap some benefits.  You get 2x points per dollar you spend (in stores and online) which result in Nordstrom rewards you can use for future purchases.  I stock pile my reward certificates every year to use at this sale to minimize the actual dollars spent. 

Also, helpful tip if you do have the card - make the day you shop a triple points day to really maximize your rewards.  

WHY IS EARLY ACCESS IMPORTANT?
As much as Nordstrom tries to keep items in stock, some of the very popular items sell out quickly and don't return...not even at full price.  Last year I was on a major hunt for the Madewell jacket and Leith cardigan in blush.  It took me a few days with my stylist hunting as well.  I was lucky and got them but other items like the short Hunter boots (size I ordered was too big) never came back.  :(

IS THERE A PREVIEW? 
YES and you can browse the catalog here but I'll be honest, I never think the preview catalog does the sale justice.  Items I definitely want to try based on what is in the catalog are leopard mules, Halogen puff sleeve sweater, Sperry boots, Lucky wedge booties, Vince Camuto booties, Vince flats and Ugg bow slippers.  

HOW SHOULD I SHOP?
I personally use the sale to update my basics - shoes (specifically Vince Camuto booties), jeans (Kut from the Kloth), workout gear (Zella), under garments (Natori and Hanky Panky) and a few splurges - designer items like handbags (Tory Burch), designer jeans (AG) and cashmere.  I also stock up of easy gift items like wine glasses and candles.  And I can't forget about the kiddos - always get big Mini's coat and they each usually get Ugg boots and sneakers.  

Take the time the next couple of days to go through your closet and see what you need to replace and what's missing from your fall/winter wardrobe.  This will help narrow down what you are looking for....and you can even narrow it further by shopping the brands you love.  Remember, some items go quickly so if you find something you love, just buy it and then keep shopping.  Everything at Nordstrom ships free and is fully returnable (also free)!!!  

WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT FROM ME?
I'm getting in early (tomorrow) to try on the stuff my local store has and then first thing Thursday morning I'll be placing my online order for the items I couldn't get in person.  I'll be posting on all platforms starting on Thursday so make sure you follow along -
  • FACEBOOK - I'll be posting all day everyday during the sale including my try on sessions and other favorite picks starting at 7AM on Thursday and throughout the day.  Make sure you "like" the page here and have my page as a "see first" in your newsfeed settings.  I will also post restock alerts as items will come in and out of stock throughout the whole sale.  
  • INSTAGRAM - I'll be posting pics from my try on session but also some Instastories walking you through my in-store purchases and of course reviewing the online stuff once it arrives so make sure you are following me here.  
  • BLOG - I'll recap everything so you have a one-stop posts with all my reviews, favorites and must have items.  
If you have any questions now or while you are shopping feel free to reach out to me.  I'm here to be your guide.  Happy Shopping!  

 photo signature_zpsa7637e94.png

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...