Friday, June 19, 2020

Five Friday Favorites - Pool/Beach Must Haves

I'm a simple girl when it comes to what I need at the beach/pool. Give me the sun, sand, water and a few small things and I'm a happy camper.

#1 - Beach/Pool Bag
cover up (similar) / bag / sunnies (similar)

LOVE, LOVE this beach bag. I got it over the holiday times and we have been using it non-stop since we started pool hopping. It's big enough to fit all our towels and then some plus it has a ton a of pockets to fit goggles, sunscreen, etc. HIGHLY recommend and it's under $20! 

#2 - Polarized Sunnies
While I love my Ray-Ban sunnies, I have a hard time spending a lot of money on sunglasses each season because I tend to lose them or scratch them. Thankfully, last year I discovered these amazing sunnies. They are polarized and really do block out out the sun...plus they are fashionable and come in all different color options. I converted my family at the beach last year. Check them out.

#3 - Cover Up

I love a good cover up and Amazon has been my go-to spot for them the last couple of years. Lots of great styles and really good prices. Above are the new ones I got this year and below are the ones I snagged last year. I LOVE them all!


#4 - Insulated Cup
When I got to the beach, I bring two insulated cups - one is my big Yeti to have with water (and then later fill with cocktails) and the other is my Corkcicle to keep my wine (or other cocktails nice and cool).

#5 - Phone Cover
I don't bring a camera down to the beach anymore....instead it's my phone so I need something to protect it. I got these cases last year and LOVED them. We will use them every year. Easy to use and definitely protects your phone from water and sand.


#6 - Good Book...and I'm now going to try a Kindle
See the source image
I had to add a sixth one this week because there is nothing like curling up at the beach or pool with a great book. Now that my minis are getting older, it's much easier for me to read. I did end up ordering a Kindle on sale yesterday based on the feedback from my Facebook post. It's still on sale (as of post time) so check it out if you are interested in joining me. Here are some of my all time favorite beach reads...and a few recent reads from last summer.

Anything by Emily Giffin but my all time favorites are Something Borrowed and Something Blue.
Some of my favorites from last summer - Tattooist of Auschwitz, Where the Crawdad Sings, Little Fires Everywhere, The Other Woman, Before We Were Yours and The Woman in the Window. I just finished The Nightingale and about to start Sold on a Monday.



uschwitz



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...