Thursday, June 18, 2020

Quarantine Organizing - A Little of This, A Little of That

Over the last few weeks of quarantine, I've done A LOT of organizing and purging. My basement is currently a hot mess because that's where I've been storing everything we are getting rid of, sell or aren't using right now. I plan to start tackling it next week in the hopes that I can do a big drop off donation. Let me take you through these simple organizational projects that have made our house more tidy and easier to find things.

I've become really into diffusing essential oils and I needed a way to better organize my oil collection (eventually I will get around to doing a full blog post all about why I love it but till I get around to it, if you are interested in getting oils, I recommend doing the starter kit). I wanted them to be stored in our pantry for easy access. This nail polish holder from Amazon worked perfectly...and I have lots of remove to add more. 

Under my bathroom sink has always been a hard area to keep organized. I got the right side figured out last year when I added the make up organizer (similar) but I struggled with the left side...until quarantine.


The tiered organizer which I also have under the kitchen sink made all the difference. I have my hair electronics on the top portion and brushes and wash clothes on the bottom. In the white basket, I have my hair spray, eye masks and sheet masks. It all fits perfectly!

Our house has a lot of storage except in bathrooms. The only real bathroom storage we have is in the minis bathroom. That closet ALWAYS gets out of hand because we basically store everything in there. I decided to separate everything into categories - kids health, first aid, adult meds, kids teeth, etc. Once I did that then I used the bins/containers I already had to organizer everything. It's a little mismatched but I wanted to save the $$ since once you close the door no one sees it. The best go-to bins are the white (and one blue) ones I used throughout.  Highly recommend.

One of my BIGGEST frustrations with our organization was towels and sheets. Everything was just all over the place and constantly getting messy. But I solved this problem with a $12.99 bin from Target.


I separated everything that was on the top shelf of my guest room closet (I wish I had taken a before picture) into four categories - sheets, towels, guest stuff (sheets/towels) and beach towels. Then I got four bins to put everything in. I rolled the towels for a better fit. So far everything is staying organized...even Hubs can mange to put things away the right way. Here's an up close look at how I have everything -




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...