Friday, October 19, 2018

Five Friday Favorites - Fall Shoes

You guys really liked last week's Five Friday Favorites focused on outerwear pieces for fall/winter so I thought I'd keep it going with shoes this week. 

#1 - Booties
LEFT - shirt / jeans / booties
RIGHT - sweater / vest / booties

Who doesn't love a good pair of booties.?!?!  I know I do, in fact I'm slightly obsessed and have five pairs in my closet.  In my defense, I've collected them over the past few years and wear them ALL THE TIME in the fall and winter.  I have two basic black pairs (one heel, one flat) and three beige/nude ones (one flat pair I bought this year and two with heels).  There are so many great booties out there but I'm partial to Vince Camuto...they are so comfortable and really great quality.  Nordstrom and Nordstrom Rack have great options available! 


#2 - Rainboots 
 LEFT - jacket (similar) / shirt / leggings / boots
RIGHT - shirt (similar) / vest / jeans / boots (similar)

I've really needed rain boots this season...it has rained SO much.  These are a staple on rainy days, esspecially on the weekends when I'm out running errands or at mini's games.  They are comfortable and cute.  I've had the black glossy pair for 5+ years and they are still in excellent condition.  I recently had a great find of these blue shorter ones at Nordstrom RackHunters are definitely worth the splurge because they will last AND you can use them all year round...just put some of the sock liners in when the weather gets cold and you've got snow boots! 

#3 - Fashionable Sneakers 
LEFT - shirt / jeans (similar) / sneakers 
RIGHT - shirt / cami / necklace / jeans (similar) / sneakers

I never had "fashionable" sneakers in my closet till having kids and was running around all the time.  Now I've got a few go-to pairs that I basically live in on the weekends during the fall/spring months.  If you are looking for a pair that will go with basically any weekend casual outfit then I would recommend either of the two I have above...so comfortable and a great neutral to pair with anything!  I also love these black Vince ones that are on sale and these Target pink ones.    

#4 - High Boots
LEFT - shirt (similar) / jeans (similar) / boots
RIGHT - sweater / jeans / boots

I LOVE me a high boot.  You will start to see me in these ALL the time in the later fall, early winter months.  They are cute, comfortable and really make an outfit.  In my closet, I've got a basic flat black pair, a dressier black heel pair I wear to work, a flat brown pair (on the right) that I wear the most and I just added the pair of the left from Target...a cute suede slouchy style.  With these boots I recommend investing in a pair of Frye or Sam Edelman's for your everyday ones and then the more trendy ones get at like a Target because you never know how long they will be in style.  

#5 - Flats 
LEFT - shirt / purse / necklace / jeans / shoes
RIGHT - shirt (similar) / jeans / shoes (similar)

Flats can be a girls best friend or incredible uncomfortable.  I have a few go-to flats that have gotten me through 18+ hours on my feet...my favorite hands down, most comfortable flats are from Tory Burch.  They are definitely a splurge but last forever and are very comfortable.  I have three pairs (black, black patent, brown) and have had all three for 5+ years! If you are looking for a great neutral flat...check out these from Caslon...bunch of colors available but I have the nude for a nice go with any color.  I also love a fun flat too...and these leopard ones from J.Crew Factory are fun but not nearly as comfortable.  They are good for a basic work day. 


 photo signature_zpsa7637e94.png

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...